Prepare to spice up your grill game with a sizzling fiesta of flavors! Our Grilled Mexican Chorizo, paired with a Spicy Tomato-Caper Sauce and elevated by the zesty kick of Marie Sharp's Original Mild Habanero Hot Sauce, is a symphony of taste sensations that'll transport your taste buds south of the border. Picture succulent chorizo sausages, seared to perfection, their smoky aroma mingling with the vibrant tang of a tomato and caper sauce. With each bite, you'll experience a delightful fusion of spice and richness, all tempered by the milder heat of habanero peppers. Join us as we embark on a culinary adventure, revealing the secrets to crafting this mouth-watering delight that captures the essence of Mexican cuisine with a spicy twist.
Grilled Mexican Chorizo with Spicy Tomato-Caper Sauce and Marie Sharp’s Original Mild Habanero Hot S
It's a grilling masterpiece that's sure to be the star of your next cookout!
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons (8g) cumin
- 1 tablespoon (15g) chili powder
- 1 (28-ounce) can peeled whole tomatoes, drained, broken up by hand into rough chunks
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green or black olives
2 tablespoon Marie Sharp’s Original Mild Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup (7g) chopped cilantro, plus more for serving if desired
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds (900g) fresh raw Mexican chorizo sausages
- Lime wedges and warmed corn tortillas, for serving (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add cumin and chili powder and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, capers, olives, hot sauce and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Set half the burners on a gas grill to the highest heat setting, cover, and preheat for 10 minutes. Clean and oil grilling grate.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a 10-inch-square disposable aluminum pan. (Alternatively, construct a tray out of a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil, 10 inches square, with sides about 2 inches high.) Nestle sausages into mixture.
- Place tray on hot side of grill and cook until simmering, about 4
minutes. Slide to cooler side of grill. Cover grill, with vents over sausages.
Cook with all vents open until sausages register 140 to 145°F (60 to 63°C) on
an instant-read thermometer, about 20 minutes, turning once halfway through.