Experience a burst of color and flavor in every bite with our Roasted Beet and Orange Salad, where the earthy sweetness of roasted beets meets the zesty brightness of oranges, all harmonized by the delightful kick of Marie Sharp's Orange Pulp Habanero Sauce. This salad is a vibrant celebration of contrasts, featuring tender beets, juicy citrus segments, and a dressing that blends the tangy allure of oranges with the fiery heat of habanero peppers. Join us on this culinary journey as we unveil the secrets to crafting a salad that's not only visually stunning but also a tantalizing symphony of tastes that will captivate your palate.
Roasted Beet and Orange Salad with Marie Sharp’s Orange Pulp Habanero Sauce
It's a delightful dance of flavors that proves salads can be both healthy and incredibly delicious, leaving you craving more with each forkful.
- 1 pound golden beets (4 small), trimmed and scrubbed
- 1 pound red beets (4 small), trimmed and scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
1 tablespoon Marie Sharp’s Orange Pulp Habanero Sauce
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced into half-moons
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest plus 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 navel orange, peeled and sliced into ¼ “ rounds
- 1 mandarin orange, peeled and sliced into ¼ “ rounds
- 2 teaspoons roasted and salted pistachios, chopped
- Flaky salt
- 2 ounces ricotta salata, shaved
- Heat oven to 425 with racks in upper and lower thirds of oven.
- Slice golden beets into ¼ “ rounds and red beets into ½ “ thick wedges. On rimmed baking sheet, toss rounds with ½ tablespoon oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt; arrange in single layer. Repeat with wedges on second sheet. Roast, rotating positions of pans halfway through, until golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together hot sauce, shallot, lemon zest, and juice, and a pinch of salt. Let sit until beets finish roasting, then stir honey and remaining tablespoon oil into dressing.
- In large bowl, toss arugula with dressing. Gently fold in beets and oranges.
- Top with pistachios, a pinch of
flaky salt and ricotta salata.