Savory and hearty, rib-eye salad makes a standout dinner for family or company. Beware of one of Marie's hottest sauced. As the name implies, Beware Comatose Heat Level has potential to light this dish on fire.
Rib-eye with Pesto Butter and Herb Salad and Marie Sharp’s Beware Comatose Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 2 14-ounce rib-eye steaks, room temperature
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 ounces butter, cubed and softened
- 2 tablespoon tomato pesto
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon Marie Sharp’s Beware Comatose Heat Level Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup pecorino, coarsely shaved
- ½ bunch mint, leaves picked
- ¼ bunch chervil, leaves picked
- 1 avocado, halved
- 1 bunch mixed radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- Combine butter and pesto in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Drizzle steaks with 2 tbs oil and season.
- Heat a chargrill pan to high heat. Cook steaks for 6-7 minutes each side for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Top with butter mixture in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Transfer to a plate, drizzle with pan juices and rest, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic,
lemon juice, Marie Sharp’s Beware Comatose
Habanero Pepper Sauce, and remaining ¼ cup oil in a bowl. Toss pecorino, mint,
chervil, avocado, radish and chickpeas in a bowl with dressing. Season and
serve with steak.