Sometimes all you want is a delicious chicken sandwich that is full of flavor! This sandwich has lots of flavor that works perfectly together and will be a hit with the whole family!
Keto Spicy Balsamic Chicken Sandwich
You'll be the hero at any backyard barbecue. You may just have to sign autographs when the meal is over.
- Chicken breast - boneless, skinless, sliced in half (1/2 of a chicken breast per sandwich)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Papa’s Pepper Seasoning (or a mix of Paprika + Cayenne)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Zatar seasoning
- Avocado oil spray or regular olive oil
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1-2 tablespoons Marie Sharp’s Grapefruit Pulp Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 serrano peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Greek oregano
- About 1 cup mayonnaise - add more or less depending on how thick you want the sauce
2 tablespoons Marie Sharp’s Red Hornet Sauce - more or less depending on the desired spice level
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz of Blue cheese, crumbled - I use Point Reyes Original Blue
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Giuliano’s Bakery Keto Jalapeño Cheese Buns
Spicy Blue Cheese Sauce
- Cut the chicken breast in half, so that you have thin pieces. Then coat the chicken with avocado oil, Papa’s Pepper seasoning, and Zatar seasoning. Use as little or as much as you like. Then place the chicken onto a baking sheet and bake for about 30-45 minutes at 350°.
- While the chicken is cooking, start making your blue cheese sauce. Mix everything into a bowl and then place it into the fridge until you are ready to assemble your sandwich.
- Then start making the slaw. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir until everything is evenly coated. Then place into the fridge until you are ready to assemble your sandwich.
- Once the chicken is done, toast up some hamburger buns (keto or
non-keto) and make the sandwich: place chicken on bun and top with slaw and
blue cheese sauce. Enjoy!