Asparagus is a well-loved side dish for any grilled meat. The addition of white beans creates a hearty serving that you could even enjoy as an entrée.
White Bean and Asparagus Salad with Garlic Hot Sauce
- 1 bunch trimmed asparagus
- 1 can cannellini beans drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 bunch Italian Parsley finely chopped
1 teaspoon Marie Sharp’s Garlic Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat grill to 400 and brush with oil.
- Grill asparagus and season with salt & pepper. Once cooled, half the asparagus lengthwise and cut into 1” pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooled asparagus, beans, lemon juice & zest, parsley, hot sauce and remaining olive oil.
- Serve as a main course with crusty bread or as an
easy side for any grilled dish.