Perfect for a summer barbecue, this tomato and lemon confit salad is super refreshing in the summer heat. Add the sweet heat of Marie's Mango Habanero Sauce, and you've got a dish guests will remember.
Tomato and Lemon Confit Salad with Marie Sharp’s Mango Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 seedless lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ pound heirloom tomatoes
- ¼ watermelon, cut into chunks
- ½ bunch basil, leaves picked
- ½ cup olive oil
2 tablespoon Marie Sharp’s Mango Habanero Pepper Sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Place 3 cups water and sugar in a saucepan with 3 tsp salt and place over medium heat.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and remove from heat. Cool, then add lemon slices. Cover with baking paper to ensure lemons are submerged and place back on the lowest heat possible. Cook for 30 minutes, or until the lemon rind has become translucent. Drain, then cool completely in the liquid.
- Cut the heirloom tomatoes into quarters and arrange them on a serving platter with the diced watermelon. Add a few slices of the confit lemon and sprinkle with the basil leaves. Season well to taste with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Make the drizzle by whisking all the ingredients together.
- Finish by drizzling Marie
Sharp’s Mango Habanero Pepper Sauce over the platter.