Prepare to embark on a culinary journey that celebrates the vibrant flavors of the Caribbean with our Cayenne Grilled Eggplant, paired harmoniously with a refreshing Tomato Salad and elevated by the fiery allure of Marie Sharp's Belizean Heat Habanero Pepper Sauce. This dish is a tantalizing fusion of textures and tastes, where smoky, grilled eggplant meets the juicy sweetness of ripe tomatoes and the irresistible heat of habanero peppers. As you take each delicious bite, you'll experience the smoldering embrace of the Belizean heat, beautifully complemented by the cool, crisp freshness of the salad. Join us as we uncover the secrets to crafting this mouthwatering masterpiece, showcasing how Marie Sharp's Pepper Sauce adds the perfect spicy kick to this Caribbean-inspired delight. It's a celebration of flavors that will transport your taste buds straight to the sun-kissed shores of Belize!
Cayenne Grilled Eggplant with Tomato Salad and Marie Sharp’s Belizean Heat Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 2 pounds medium eggplants, cut lengthwise into ½ " thick slices
- ¼ cup plus 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons Marie Sharp’s Belizean Heat Habanero Pepper Sauce
- ¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 3 small fresh red Fresno chiles or other hot chiles, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ pint multicolored cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Pre-heat grill to 450.
- Brush eggplant all over with ¼ cup oil. Sprinkle with coriander, cayenne, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Grill 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk hot sauce, mint, chiles, lemon juice, vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, and ½ teaspoon salt until well combined. To vinaigrette, add tomatoes; toss to combine. In a small bowl, stir yogurt and milk.
- Arrange eggplant on a large
serving platter. Top with tomato mixture. Drizzle with yogurt mixture. Garnish
with additional mint leaves, if desired.