Belizean warmth meets a classic American breakfast favorite.
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict with Marie Sharp’s Smoked Habanero Sauce
Marie Sharp's Smoked Habanero Pepper Sauce spices up this traditional breakfast.
- 3 egg yolks (1/4 cup)
1 teaspoon Marie Sharp’s Smoked Habanero Sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- ½ cup clarified butter heated (200-250)
- ¼ cup chopped chives, divided
- 8 jumbo eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 sourdough English muffins
- ½ pound sliced smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoon butter
For the Sauce
- Combine the first four sauce ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine. With the machine running, slowly add the hot butter until a smooth emulsified sauce is formed, add hot water if mixture is too thick. Adjust seasoning, stir in half of the chives and set aside for plating.
- In a small frying pan, grill the English muffins in butter, cut side down at first, over medium high heat until toasted golden brown and repeat on other side. Remove from pan and set aside.
For the Eggs
- In a large sauce pan heat about 8 cups water to 180, add salt and lemon juice and return to 180. Crack one egg at a time and open it directly over the saucepan, the closer the better. Poach eggs for about 4 minutes for runny yolks, and remove with a slotted spoon.
- On four large round plates, place two
English muffin halves cut side up. Evenly layer smoked salmon slices on each
muffin half. Gently place an egg on each half. Spoon about 1-2 tbsp of
hollandaise sauce over each egg. Garnish with a dusting of remaining chives and