Warm up your taste buds and soothe your soul with a bowl of our Chicken and Poblano Soup, brought to life by the smoky allure of Marie Sharp's Smoked Habanero Hot Sauce. This soup is a comforting and aromatic journey through the heart of Mexico's culinary traditions, where tender pieces of chicken, roasted poblano peppers, and a rich, flavorful broth unite in perfect harmony. But it's the addition of Marie Sharp's Smoked Habanero Hot Sauce that takes this soup to a whole new level, infusing it with a tantalizing smokiness and just the right amount of heat. Join us as we dive into the art of creating this soul-warming dish, exploring the magic of smoked habanero peppers and their ability to transform a humble soup into a spicy sensation that'll have you craving seconds. It's the perfect comfort food for those seeking a little extra warmth and flavor in every spoonful.
Chicken and Poblano Soup with Marie Sharp’s Smoked Habanero Hot Sauce
- 3 poblano peppers
- 3 chicken breasts bone in and skin on
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt divided
- ¼ teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 8 cup chicken broth
½ cup Marie Sharp’s Smoked Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 pound roasted corn frozen
- 2 cans black beans
- 2 red bell peppers diced finely
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Season the poblano pepper and chicken with the canola oil, half the salt and pepper and put onto a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until charred peppers and cooked through chicken.
- While the food is roasting start the soup by adding in the butter and flour into a large stockpot.
- Cook the mixture while whisking for about a minute before adding in the chicken broth.
- Bring the mixture to a light boil then add in the hot sauce, corn, black beans and red bell peppers and let it simmer for 15 minutes while the food finishes in the oven.
- Shred the chicken and dice the de-seeded poblano peppers before adding them to the soup.
- Add in the remaining salt, cheddar and pepper jack cheese, lime juice, cumin, cayenne, and cream.
- Stir until melted and combined and
garnish with jalapenos before serving.