Vegans will celebrate the rich smokey flavor in our vegan version of a classic southern recipe.
Vegan Collard Greens
A celebration of wholesome ingredients and robust flavor!
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup vegetable stock
1 teaspoon Maria Sharp’s Smokin’ Marie Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pound collard greens, washed and chopped to bite size
- Coat a large deep skillet or pot with vegetable oil.
- Sauté onions until almost tender over medium heat and then add in garlic.
- Cook until onion and garlic are fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in vegetable broth.
- Season broth with hot sauce, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat.
- Add in the greens. Green will wilt down as they cook.
- Simmer for about 90 minutes. Do not
boil. Add more vegetable stock if needed. May need more or less time so be sure
to check them after 45-60 minutes. When done, greens will be dark green and
tender. Add hot sauce or vinegar if