Get ready to savor the extraordinary in every bite with our Steak Salad featuring a medley of crisp cucumbers, vibrant peppers, and an unforgettable Spicy Fish Sauce Vinaigrette, generously elevated by the bold kick of Marie Sharp's Original Hot Habanero Pepper Sauce. This salad is a celebration of contrasting flavors and textures that come together harmoniously. The succulent, perfectly seared steak meets the refreshing crunch of vegetables, all drizzled with a dressing that marries the umami depth of fish sauce with the fiery heat of habanero peppers. Join us on this culinary adventure as we unveil the secrets to crafting a Steak Salad that's not only delicious but also a symphony of tastes that dances on your palate.
Steak Salad with Veggies and Spicy Fish Sauce Vinaigrette featuring Marie Sharp’s Original Hot
It's a fusion of flavors that'll have you reaching for seconds and begging for the recipe.
- 1 pound flank, skirt, or boneless ribeye steak (about 1-inch thick)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons juice from about 3 limes
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (plus more to taste)
1 tablespoon Marie Sharp’s Original Hot Habenero Pepper Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, split in half lengthwise, de-seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces on the bias
- 1 large red pepper, seeds and stem removed, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted peanuts
- Handful fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- Season beef on all sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a medium skillet over high heat until smoking. Add meat and cook, turning regularly, until well-browned on both sides and the center registers 125°F on an instand read thermometer, about 6 minutes total. (Reduce heat while cooking if necessary). Transfer steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. slice into thin strips against the grain and set aside.
- Combine lime juice, fish sauce, hot sauce, sugar, and garlic in a large bowl and whisk until sugar is dissolved. Taste and add more fish sauce if desired.
- Add cucumber, red
pepper, shallots, peanuts, cilantro, and steak, and toss to combine. Serve
immediately, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator overnight and
serve the next day.