Lentils are packed with protein, which makes this dish a very hearty and healthy option for a main course dish. Serve with meat, poultry or seafood of your choice if you please.
Spicy Lentil Salad with Marie Sharp’s Beware Comatose Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup dry brown lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- ¼ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Marie Sharp’s Beware Comatose Heat Level Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 5 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan combine lentils, bay leaf, and thyme. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until lentils are tender but not mushy, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain lentils and discard bay leaf and thyme.
- Place in a large work bowl with carrots, celery, red pepper, red onion, parsley, garlic, Marie Sharp’s Beware Comatose Level Habanero Pepper Sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine and serve chilled
or room temperature. Enjoy.