Prepare to savor the ultimate comfort food experience with our irresistible Southern Fried Chicken paired with the delightful Marie Sharp's Mild Habanero Pepper Sauce! This classic dish brings together the perfect combination of crispy, golden-brown chicken and the mild, tangy heat of Marie Sharp's signature sauce. Each succulent piece of chicken is coated in a savory blend of herbs and spices, creating a flavorful and satisfying crunch with every bite. And when paired with the mild habanero pepper sauce, it adds just the right amount of kick to elevate your taste buds without overwhelming them. Whether enjoyed as a main course or as a crowd-pleasing appetizer, this Southern Fried Chicken is sure to be a hit at any gathering. So, gather your loved ones and get ready to indulge in a soul-warming, finger-licking experience that will keep you coming back for more!
Southern Fried Chicken with Marie Sharp’s Mild Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 8 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4–5 pounds whole chicken cut into 8 pieces (or 4-5 pounds of chicken parts)
1/2 cup Marie Sharp’s Mild Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups of oil for frying
- Combine 8 cups cold water, 2 tbsp salt, and 3 tbsp sugar. Stir until the salt and sugar dissolve.
- Pour the brine into the bowl or container with the chicken.
- Make sure that the chicken is covered with the brine.
- Cover the bowl/container, then place in the refrigerator overnight
- Drain the brine from the bowl, but do not rinse the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and pour the hot sauce all over the chicken.
- Combine the AP flour, cornstarch, and all of the seasonings
- Pour the flour mixture into a large freezer bag, then toss in the chicken pieces
- Shake the bag, until the chicken is well coated with flour.
- Remove the chicken from the bag, and shake off any excess flour.
- Let the chicken sit for about 15 minutes before frying to ensure that the flour sticks.
- Now pour the oil into a large skillet, and let it heat until it reaches 350-375 F.
- Carefully add in the chicken, and fry until it’s completely cooked throughout, and golden brown.
- Place the chicken on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve and enjoy.