NOT your grandmother's Caesar salad. Smoked Trout, fava beans, asparagus and hard-boiled eggs make this Caesar Salad a hearty dish, and laced with plenty of smokey goodness from Marie Sharp’s Smokin' Marie Habanero Pepper Sauce.
Smoked Trout Caesar Salad with Marie Sharp’s Smokin' Marie Habanero Pepper Sauce
- ½ loaf day-old sourdough, torn into 2 inch pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 10 ounce fava beans
- 2 butter lettuces hearts, leaves separated
- ½ bunch radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 8 ounce smoked trout fillets, skin and bones removed, flaked
- 2 soft-boiled eggs, halved
- 3 sprigs dill, leave picked, to serve
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon grated horseradish
1 tablespoon Marie Sharp’s Smokin' Marie Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bread, oil and parmesan in a large bowl, season and toss to coat. Spread on lined tray and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and crisp. Set side.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook asparagus for 1 minute, then remove from pan and plunge into iced water for 2 minutes to refresh, then set aside.
- Cook fava beans in same water for 1 minute, then drain, plunge into iced water for 2 minutes, drain again and pop the beans out of their skins.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and season.
- Place lettuce, asparagus,
broad beans and radish in a bowl, add half the dressing and toss to coat. Place
on a platter, top with trout, eggs and dill and drizzle with remaining