Everyone will enjoy the flavor explosion that makes these shrimp POP!
Shrimp and Shishito Pepper Sauté in a Papaya Mirin Sauce
- 16 (16/20 shrimp) peeled and deveined with tail off
- 32 Shishito peppers washed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ¼ cup mirin
¼ cup Marie Sharp’s Papaya Jam
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Green onions for garnish
- Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick pan on medium high heat until shimmering and about to smoke.
- Quickly sauté garlic and ginger for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add the peppers and shrimp to blister pepper skins and toss the shrimp.
- Add the mirin, jam, and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Cook until shrimp is just set, about 4 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a shallow
serving bowl and garnish with green onions. Enjoy.