We may have to rename this well known dish as Belizean Street Corn with the addition of Marie Sharp's Fiery Habanero Pepper Sauce.
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Make this salad with some fresh corn from the garden for a delightful summer dish.
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt to taste
Dash of Marie Sharp’s Fiery Habanero Pepper Sauce
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn kernels and cook, stirring
- occasionally, until cooked through and mildly charred, about 7-10 minutes. Add garlic the
- last couple of minutes cooking.
- Allow corn to cool briefly. Mix in mayonnaise chili powder, cotija cheese, lime juice, and
chopped cilantro. Add several drops of Marie Sharp’s Fiery Habanero Pepper Sauce.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve warm or cold.