You'll have the family begging for more vegetables after you serve up this tasty Mediterranean Farro salad.
Mediterranean Farro Salad with Marie Sharp’s Mango Habanero Pepper Sauce
- ½ cup farro (uncooked)
2 cups kale
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 large zucchini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons Marie Sharp's Pure Mango Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ cup walnut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 1 cup of water and salt (to taste) to a boil.
- Add in the farro and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the heat, then cover and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When the farro is done cooking, remove from heat and allow to sit for about 2-3 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- While the farro is cooking, cut the vegetables into small cubes.
- Add the vegetables to the kale, then top with cooked farro.
- For the dressing, add the first six ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth. With the machine running, slowly add the walnut oil until emulsified, adjust seasoning.
- Top the salad with lemon vinaigrette and toss well to combine.
- Serve and enjoy.