If you're a fan of lemon chicken, then you definitely don't want to miss out on trying this recipe for Lemon Butter Chicken. The addition of Marie's Belizean Heat to the rich buttery pan sauce takes the flavor to another level, making it an incredibly delicious dish. Moreover, it's a breeze to prepare, making it a great option for any day of the week.
Lemon Butter Chicken with Marie Sharp’s Belizean Heat Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 4 5-ounce chicken breasts, pounded to ¼” thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, sliced into 1 tbsp pieces, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons Marie Sharp’s Belizean Heat Habanero Pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish then dredge both sides of chicken breasts in flour, one at a time.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter, let butter melt, then add in chicken breasts in a single layer.
- Sear until golden brown on bottom, about 4 - 5 minutes then flip and continue to cook until chicken registers 165 degrees in center, about 4 - 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer chicken to a plate while leaving any little bit of excess oil in pan.
- Reduce to medium heat, add garlic and sauté 20 seconds, or until just lightly golden brown, then pour in chicken broth and hot sauce while scraping browned bits up.
- Pour in lemon juice then bring mixture to a simmer, reduce heat slightly and let simmer until liquid has reduced by about half, about 2 minutes.
- Add in remaining 3 tbsp butter and lemon zest, stir to melt butter.
- Return chicken to skillet, spoon sauce over chicken and
garnish with parsley. Serve warm. Enjoy.