A Caesar salad if a favorite at the dinner table. Make it memorable with the addition of savory Marie Sharp’s Belizean Season-All.
Grilled Romaine with Garlic Toast and Anchovy Aioli
- 2 Romain heads, trimmed, washed, and halved lengthwise
- Spray Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup garlic toast croutons
- Shaved parmesan for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
1 tablespoon Marie Sharp’s Belizean Season-All
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup olive oil
- Pre-heat grill to 500.
- While grill is heating add all Aioli ingredients to a food processor except the olive oil. Pulse until a smooth consistency is reached.
- With machine running, add the olive oil slowly to the aioli until desired consistency is reached, adjust seasoning if needed. Transfer to a squeeze bottle for plating.
- Spray romaine halves with olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Spray grill with olive oil, and grill romaine halves starting at the 2 o’clock position for 2 minutes, rotate the halves to the 10 o’clock position and grill for another 2 minutes. Turn halves over and grill for another 2 minutes, you’re looking for a charr without wilting the entire head.
- Cut each half lengthwise and lay one quarter on plate, then angle the quarter resting on the first.
- Using the squeeze bottle held about 2’ from romaine surface, drizzle sauce back and forth making a swizzle pattern.
- Garnish with croutons and finish
with parmesan cheese, serve. Enjoy.