This recipe is so simple, you'll be tempted to make it every day.
Crispy Skin Salmon with Mango Chive Compound Butter
- 4 each (7 oz) skin-on wild caught salmon fillets, skin scored with an “X” in the middle
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Grape seed oil for sautéing (other common cooking oils can be used as well)
- ¼ cup salted Plugra (European style, high milkfat) butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped chives (divided)
- 1 tablespoon sautéed shallots
- 2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons Marie Sharp’s Pure Mango Habanero Pepper Sauce
Pre-heat oven to 400.
Prepare compound butter by whisking all ingredients, except one tablespoon of chives, until smooth. Place on parchment paper in a log shape and roll to an even thickness in the paper, then refrigerate.
In a non-stick pan on medium-high heat, place enough oil to coat the bottom. Season each fillet to taste and sear skin side down being careful not to over crowd the pan. Sear for about 4 minutes until skin is crispy and brown. Carefully turn fillets and finish in oven for an additional 6 minutes for medium-rare.
Arrange fillets on serving platter and top with a ½” medallion on compound butter. Use a torch to slightly melt butter and garnish with remaining chives. Serve immediately with optional lemon wheels for garnish.