Homemade cranberry sauce requires just a few ingredients. It's easy to make and it adds a colorful addition to the table. Marie's version is flavored with our very own orange marmalade, direct from Marie's farm in Stan Creek, Belize.
Cranberry Orange Sauce
Mix any leftover cranberry orange sauce with mayonnaise for a delicious turkey sandwich.
½ cup Marie Sharp’s Orange Marmalade
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- Zest of one orange, about 2 teaspoons (plus a few sprinkles for garnish)
- Pinch salt
- In a medium sauce pan over high heat, bring the jam, orange juice, water and sugar to a boil. Add the cranberries, orange zest, and salt and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, until most of cranberries have burst open.
- Transfer sauce to a serving bowl.
Cover and chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle
more zest on top before serving if desired.