Get ready to warm your soul and ignite your taste buds with a sensational bowl of Chicken Tortilla Soup infused with the zesty flavors of Marie Sharp's Garlic Habanero Pepper Sauce. This recipe combines the comforting essence of a classic tortilla soup with the vibrant heat and robust garlic notes of Marie Sharp's beloved hot sauce. From the very first spoonful, you'll be greeted by a tantalizing medley of tender chicken, hearty vegetables, and a rich, flavorful broth that's been artfully enhanced by the fiery charm of the Garlic Habanero Pepper Sauce. With each sip, you'll experience the perfect balance of spice and savory goodness, leaving you craving more. So, grab your ladle and get ready to dive into a bowl of Chicken Tortilla Soup with Marie Sharp's Garlic Habanero Pepper Sauce, a delightful fusion of tradition and bold flavor that will transport your taste buds to a place of pure culinary bliss.
Chicken Tortilla Soup with Marie Sharp’s Garlic Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons Marie Sharp’s Garlic Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken into small pieces (or tortilla strips)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Break the chicken into smaller pieces using a wooden spatula.
- Add onions, garlic, jalapeño and carrot. Stir well to combine and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant. Stir in salt, paprika, cumin, and crushed red pepper.
- Add canned tomatoes, hot sauce, chicken broth, black beans and corn. Stir occasionally and bring the soup to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately in a soup bowl and top with tortilla
strips, cilantro, lime, sour cream, avocado, and cheddar cheese, or any combination
of these toppings that you like. Enjoy.