This salad is simply irresistible! With a delightful combination of asparagus, tomato, and feta cheese, it's elevated by an effortless balsamic vinaigrette that adds to the already powerful flavors. Marie's Mild flavor add a subtle zing. Despite its simple ingredient list, this salad is guaranteed to keep you coming back for more.
Asparagus Tomato and Feta Salad with Spicy Balsamic Vinaigrette and Marie Sharp’s Mild Habanero Pepp
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Marie Sharp’s Mild Habanero Pepper Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2” pieces
- 1 package grape tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add vinegar to a small saucepan, bring to a boil over medium heat and allow to boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into a jar or bowl, add hot sauce, olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic and whisk to blend while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add asparagus to boiling water and allow to boil until tender crisp, about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and cold water. Drain and immediately transfer asparagus to ice water, let rest about 10 seconds then drain asparagus well.
- Transfer to a bowl with tomatoes and walnuts. Drizzle vinaigrette over top and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle over half of the feta then plate and top with
remaining feta. Enjoy.