In the summertime, we live off of salads. Steak and Fettuccine with Marie Sharp’s Garlic Habanero Pepper Sauce is our all time favorite steak salad. It's a great way to get a meal quickly on the table. Sure to please family and company alike.
Steak and Fettuccine with Marie Sharp’s Garlic Habanero Pepper Sauce
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon A.P. flour
- 2 cup milk
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 tablespoon Marie Sharp’s Garlic Habanero Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon balsamic glaze
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water before draining. Return pasta to pot.
Coat both sides of steak with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steak to desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate to let rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice steak.
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until softened and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute more, then slowly add milk, whisking to break up lumps, and simmer until thickened, 5 minutes.
Add Parmesan, Marie Sharp’s Garlic Habanero Pepper Sauce, and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and cook until bursting, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add cooked pasta and ¼ cup reserved pasta water to skillet and toss to combine, adding more pasta water as needed. Add spinach and toss until wilted.
Top with sliced steak and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy.