Indulge in the delightful Moroccan-inspired roasted eggplant salad, which boasts a perfect balance of sweetness and spiciness. Similar to Moroccan taktouka or matbucha, the salad has an added twist of roasted eggplant cubes. Ideal for mezze platters or as a snack, it is also an excellent option for make-ahead meals as the flavors intensify when left in the fridge.
Roasted Eggplant Salad with Marie Sharp’s Belizean Barbacoa Caribbean BBQ Sauce
- 4 cup cubed eggplant
- 2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons Marie Sharp’s Belizean Barbacoa Caribbean
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoon sumac
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Place cubed eggplant on a baking sheet along with the halved cherry tomatoes, diced onion and minced garlic. Drizzle the olive oil and Marie Sharp’s over the vegetables and then sprinkle them with the salt, cumin, oregano, paprika, coriander and sumac. Toss the vegetables with your hands to ensure they are all well coated in the oil and spices.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven to bake for 30 minutes until the eggplant is soft and golden in color. Stir the vegetables a few times during baking to ensure everything cooks evenly.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the toasted almonds and chopped
parsley and give the mixture a gentle toss to mix it all together. Spoon into a
bowl and serve. Enjoy.