Belize Tourism Board “National Hot Sauce Day” Official Sweepstakes
Belize Tourism Board “National Hot Sauce Day” Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY. The “Belize Tourism Board ‘National Hot Sauce Day’ Official Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) is open only to those who, as of the start date, are legal residents of the United States, and who are 18 years of age or older and have a valid Social Security Number or tax identification number. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies involved in the administration of this Promotion, and the immediate Families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter.
- SPONSOR. Belize Tourism Board, with its principal office at 64 Regent Street, Belize City, Belize (“Sponsor”).
- TIMING. The Sweepstakes entry period is from 12:01AM CT, January 15, 2020 through 11:59PM CT, January 24, 2020. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER. To enter, purchase hot sauce at www.mariesharpsusa.com or at https://www.saucesscentsandsweets.com/hot-sauces, and send a copy of the receipt of your purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send an email explaining why you feel you deserve a hot sauce related vacation. Proof of residency may be required to win. Include content that is relevant to the question posed in the Sponsor’s call-for-entries posts, as determined by the Sponsor. Limit of one (1) entry per person. No facsimile or mechanical reproduction of entries is allowed. All entries must be received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. Any attempt by any participant to obtain additional entries beyond the limit by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, social media accounts, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant shall be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, void, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to an entrant’s entry, the person who is the authorized account holder of the email address will be deemed to be the entrant, but only if that person is otherwise eligible to enter the Promotion. The “authorized account holder” is the person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, social media account, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the winning entrant may be deemed ineligible. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winner, and the awarding of the prize), which are final and binding in all respects.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS. Your Submission must not: (a) violate any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (b) depict or describe any risky or offensive behavior or contain images that are obscene, defamatory, profane, offensive, lewd, pornographic, false, misleading, illegal, or deceptive; (c) contain any third-party products, trademarks and/or brands, other than those of Sponsor (d) have been entered in any other sweepstakes. By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that: (a) the Submission is an original work created solely by you; (b) you own all rights to the Submission; and (c) the Entry complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
- SELECTION/NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. On or around January 27, 2020, Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee will select one winner via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The entry selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements and requests of Sponsor during the verification process to receive a Prize. The potential winner will be notified by email account provided. Potential winners will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release (an “Affidavit/Release”) in the form(s) provided by Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize. The Affidavit/Release must be returned to Sponsor within 48 hours. If the potential winner has not responded within 48 hours after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the potential winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within 48 hours, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules or the requests of Sponsor, then the potential winner may be disqualified. At that time, an alternative winner will be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion in his/her place, at random from among all eligible, non-winning entries received by Sponsor within the guidelines for the initial Promotion.
- WINNER REQUIREMENTS. Winner must provide traveler information to Sponsor by 11:59PM CT, February 28, in order for Sponsor to book the Prize. Winner must travel between March 15, 2020 and May 15, 2020 or during dates as specified by Sponsor. Winner must be at least 18 years of age, a United States resident, and have a valid passport to participate.
- PRIZES. One (1) prize will be awarded. Prize includes:
- One (1) trip for winner and a plus one, which includes:
- Round-trip international airfare from a U.S. international airport to Belize City for two (2) persons
- A four (4) night hotel stay to be selected and booked by Sponsor
- Ground/local transportation to and from the Belize City International Airport (PGIA) and the hotel
- Up to two (2) hot sauce-related in-country tours or activities to be selected and booked by Sponsor.
Sponsor retains right to all itinerary details and can book at their own discretion. The approximate retail value of one (1) Prize Package is $5,000 USD (“ARV”). Any expenses and incidental travel costs beyond the Prize amount listed above, including but not limited to additional hotel stays, meals, additional activities, tips, baggage fees, cell phone service, wi-fi, additional ground transportation, incidentals, passport fees, travel insurance fees, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of the Winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes and expenses associated with prize award, receipt and use, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the prize. All details of the prize not set forth herein will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All entrants and entries are subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of/information provided by a potential prize winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the prize ARV in these Official Rules. Winner must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Airline travel is subject to availability, change, restrictions, and are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, luggage or certificates.
For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s (and its designees’, successors’, public relations agencies’ and assigns’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.
- PRIVACY AND DISCLAIMER. We respect each entrant’s privacy. All information provided by entrants to this Sweepstakes shall not be sold or distributed to any third parties except as permitted or required by law. Information collected from entrants to the Sweepstakes is collected, used and protected according to the Belize Tourism Board’s privacy statement. To view the Belize Tourism Board’s privacy statement, click here: https://www.travelbelize.org/privacy-policy.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize, if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, late, damaged, garbled, stolen, undelivered or misdirected mail, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections including those through social network sites; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's property resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials; or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, network, human, technical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries or registrations, the announcement of the prize or in any other Sweepstakes-related materials. The use of automated entry or similar devices or other means to subvert the entry process is prohibited and entries through such prohibited means are void. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor via telephone, email and through relevant channels for Sweepstakes purposes only.
Non-compliance with the foregoing or with these Official Rules shall result in disqualification. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding and agree that: 1.) Released Parties and their designees may use (unless prohibited by law) their name, voice, city/state of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade and/or for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification, and 2.) Released Parties and their designees and assigns shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize (including any travel/activity related thereto) or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared), labor controversy or threat thereof, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes and, in the event of termination, at its discretion, select winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event requiring such termination. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies (including attorneys’ fees) and damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- RELEASE. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, hold harmless, and agree not to institute any claim against Sponsor and all co-sponsors of the Sweepstakes and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly, 1) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded herein; and/or 2) participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize related activities, including but not limited to traveling to or from any prize related activity.